eDGH has always aimed to offer our courses at the most accessible fees possible. In the nearly 10 years that eDGH has featured our site model, we have never officially increased our fees. While we have made minor changes to the number of participants per site fee (which may have felt a bit like an increase), our overall goal has always been to keep things stable and as low-cost per participant as possible.
Our goal is still to keep our courses as accessible as possible but our costs to create and offer these high-quality courses have increased significantly over the past decade. Based on that, we know that it is time to adjust how our pricing works. Therefore, we plan to implement our new fees with the courses starting in April 2024 forward.
- All courses will have a 50-person maximum limit per site fee (often referred to as a “site cap.”)
- All courses currently priced at US$1500 will now be US$1750
- Leadership and Management in Health, previously priced at US$999, will now be US$1200
- The OECD site fee priced at US$3000 will now be US$3500 for 12-50 participants
We are rounding the cost of independent enrollment:
- LMIC rates of US$199/$299 become US$200/$300
- OECD rates of US$299/$399 become $300/$400
It is our sincere hope that you can understand the need for these increases and that you reach out to us with any questions. Please visit our course pages to see more details.
To help highlight how each of these changes affect the pricing of our courses for low-middle income (LMIC) site groups, please allow us to break it down into three scenarios:
First, for many of our courses, the increased site cap from 40 to 50 effectively displaces the overall cost increase if you have a large site group:
(This scenario is applicable for the following 7 courses: Intro to Epidemiology in Global Health, Monitoring and Evaluation in Global Health, Policy, Development and Advocacy in Global Health, Global Mental Health, Global Health Research, Fundamentals of Implementation Science and Economical Evaluation in Global Health.)
- Previous fee: US$1500 shared by 40 people= US$38 per person as the lowest rate
- New fee: US$1750 shared by 50 people= US$35 per person as the lowest rate
*If your site did not reach the cap of 40 participants previously, this change may not benefit you as much and we recognize that the increase to US$1750 may be an adjustment. We understand this increase may impact your ability to participate and welcome any questions you may have about its impact on your site.
Second, for 2 courses, the fee will be a clear increase for all site groups:
(This scenario is applicable for Clinical Management of HIV and Program Management for Global Health.)
- Previous fee: US$1500 shared by up to 60 people = $25 USD per person as the lowest rate
- New fee: US$1750 shared by up to 50 people = $35 USD per person as the lowest rate
Finally, for Leadership and Management in Health, the fee will also be a clear increase for all participants:
- The previous rate was US$999, shared by up to 60 people = $17 USD per person as the lowest rate
- The new fee of US$1200, shared by up to 50 people = $24 USD per person as the lowest rate.
In our attempt to streamline the courses by having the same site cap of 50 people, we recognize that we are decreasing the number of participants and raising the site fee rate for this course at the same time. While the resulting per-person price remains (in our opinion) a tremendous value, we are mindful of this impact for your site and do not make these changes lightly.
Independent participants will see basically the same fee, rounded to the next dollar:
- Independent (OECD) rate previously US$299 for enrollment that includes a digital certificate upon successful completion of the course will now be US$300.
- Independent (OECD) previously US$399 for enrollment that includes a printed, shipped certificate upon successful completion of the course will now be US$400.
- Independent (LMIC) previously US$199 for enrollment that includes a digital certificate upon successful completion of the course will now be US$200.
- Independent (LMIC) previously US$299 for enrollment that includes a printed, shipped certificate upon successful completion of the course will now beUS $300.
Finally, site groups of primarily participants from an OECD country will have these fee options:
- Previously, OECD site groups: 5-15 people: US$199 per person; 16-60 people: US$3000
- Will be: 5-11 people: US$300 per person; 12-50 people: US$3500
As always, accommodations can be made for sites that have both LMIC and OECD participants. Please reach out to us and we can help you identify the most economical option to move forward.