There are two ways to enroll in our Professional Development courses: Site-Based (as part of a group you’re part of) or Independently (on your own)
- Independently: enroll as an “Independent Participant” where you have more freedom to engage with the course on your own without additional requirements to meet with a group- more details below.
- Site-Based: Applicants enroll as a “Site Based Participant” where they join with their colleagues at a reduced enrollment cost and experience the course together. Learn more about that option here.
Our Professional Development courses are typically 10-12 weeks long with an official start and end date. Some courses are offered twice a year while most are available annually. When enrolled, we will give you access to our course website where you will be able to see new materials each week. The course is asynchronous so you can review those materials on your own schedule and at your convenience. There will be due dates for activities, but lectures and readings can be viewed anytime.
The Application Process
Registration begins roughly two months before the start of each course. You will need to create a user profile and then submit an application for each course you wish to take. Learn more here about each course we offer!
After the application period, we will inform you of your status and if accepted, we will provide you with a payment invoice and payment instructions. You will be invited to participate in a live orientation webinar to learn more about the course, the course website and ask us questions. We record these orientations in case the timing is not convenient for you.
- You will need to be able to commit 6-9 hours per week to coursework during the duration of the course.
- You also need to have reliable access to a computer or device that has reliable internet
- See the technical requirements here.
- Each course may have its own recommendations for eligibility. Please make sure to review the course page (link) prior to submitting an application.
What You will Pay
The course enrollment fee is determined by your location. We have a subsidized fee for low and middle income countries (LMIC) and our traditional fee for higher income countries (OECD). If your country is not listed on either list, then we typically consider you for the rate of LMIC.
Additionally, there is a higher rate that you can opt to pay to have a formal, printed certificate shipped directly to you. You can select this higher fee and be invoiced, or you can pay the lower fee and then upgrade later if you wish.
Country of Location
Enrollment with a PDF Certificate
Enrollment with a Shipped Certificate
If you have a question about the fees or where you qualify, please email us at email@example.com and we will be glad to assist you.
Policies of Note
- Refunds: A refund of your fees is available if we are notified up to one working day prior to the start of the course.
- If you need to drop the course, please let us know as soon as possible.
We are pleased to offer a Certificate of Completion with the official seal of the University of Washington. You can learn more about the certificates we offer here.
- To earn a Certificate of Completion for any of our courses, you will need to achieve a score of 70% or higher.
- Certificates will be emailed or shipped to you about 6-8 weeks after the course ends.
Benefits of Applying as an Independent Participant
- You will have control over your own enrollment and are not subject to a situation, for example, where a site chooses not to proceed with enrollment in the course.
- You are not required to join site meetings, but will still have access to discussion boards so that you can engage with other participants around the globe in the course.
- The fees are paid directly to eDGH, whereas sites sometimes charge small additional fees to cover their own administrative costs.
Are you interested in taking this course as part of a group? Are you affiliated with a registered site?
You are welcomed to apply for our courses as a Site-Based Participant. In this case, you would be joining colleagues at a reduced cost of enrollment and experiencing the course together. While you would earn your own certificate of completion, you can engage with your co-participants at your site to process the materials, work on projects and evaluate how the course relates to your local setting. Learn more here.